image click

FOR ALL IMAGES YOU FIND HERE CLICK TWICE TO ZOOM FOR DETAIL

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

If Jesus Made Furniture Today...

I know, I know, I'm being a bit provocative but don't you think Jesus had a sense of humor? I do. So, try putting Him here today. Do you really think He'd be stodgey and conservative and listen to Bill O'Reilly? Give me a break, He had a job to do, He was a 'marketer' wasn't He? something to sell, so why not play to a contemporary mode of thinking? Aren't we looking for the numbers here folks? I mean Obama won.....

Soooo...Jesus was thinking how do I get to the folks who aren't already listening (you know not just 'Singing To The Choir'?, that went out in the 70's)? 'The Choir' ain't winnin' elections these days. If He hired Weiden and Kennedy they'd be sweating blue sweat or something (you know, the Nike commercials...). Here's my proposal.


Outdoor Furniture for the Masses, hell it could work in a museum looking at Monets. Yeah, yeah looks like blasphemy but I'm not (blasphlemus, that is). I'm not religious but I'm also not disrespectful either. Lot of reverence in my own way. He had options at that moment, so what if He had stopped for a Half Gallon Of Milk instead of heading straight home that day? Ever thought of that? Would the world be a different place? Forget the silver chalice they'd instead be looking for that empty milk carton all these years, but it probably got recycled.

Anyway, we're here to talk about furniture, maybe with a little sense of irony, but furniture just the same. And while we're at it don't Christians socialize? Maybe not all of them are having a cocktail while hanging out at the pool, but some of them might want to feel like they're chillin' (without blasphemy).

Take a deep breath now.............yeah, now do you feel like Jesus would be wagging his finger at you, or would St. Peter be docking you for entry into Heaven? Ok, now that you feel really brave how about this?

Jeezus, what's this guy doing? Once you get over the angst of being a Christian (notice the capitals?, your angst not mine), now we can talk about the beauty of what Jesus may have thought when He was 'working with wood'. Ergonomics is the art of being comfortable while sittin', or hangin' (and other stuff). So, in this day and age we're more soft around the edges, need a more comfortable ride. I should include a heated cross for your back to lean against. You'd still get the idea of hanging on the cross, just more current style.

In those days 'carpenters' designed and built furniture too. Those of you who do this have some appreciation for what I do as a creator of furniture, it's pretty hard to get right, takes a long time, and most who attempt it need to feel the beauty of what they have created.

The Creative Process. What is it? What makes something beautiful? Take what you have seen at my website and project the products I have created but use this unusual theme. What might you have?

This is the creative process. I have a theme. I have to turn it into a piece of furniture. I am an artist/designer, so have to be open to new themes, new thoughts, and have to be ready to come up with viable ideas on the spot. If you weren't so offended by now from reading this then you might get what I'm talking about - and maybe smile a little in spite of your personal proclivities.

That's what I do. That's what a good designer does, and artists HAVE MORE FUN. Sounds like a bumper sticker (man, I'm in trouble now).

No comments:

Post a Comment